4/5/11

findin|G| a seat

I wish that I had more to say,
all life passes in this way.
School bus teams of two to three,
and not one soul should speak to me.
Minutes wander latently,
I could talk for seconds, maybe.
Still, my vocal cords remain benign.

The window seat's alright.
That way, I can look at the pastures
(a stretch of green that extends its
phantom limbs to the outer reaches
of the universe) as
our jaundiced caravan stumbles out of town.
That way, I can ignore Devin,
my unfortunate translucent companion,
who is trying too hard.
Who is desperate for conversation.
Who is searching for some similar ground.
He receives "mhm" and "yes" forever,
and then resigns to texting his polystyrene.
In any case, we're almost there,
and it's the sweetest late-spring day...
But still there should be more to say,
I wish that I had more to say.

Anomie Family Brain - 1:15

~-~

No comments: