9/6/07

Your future's bleak, you're so last week...

School is a downer, man. I haven't done anything with music this week because of all my stuff going on with school. I haven't even PLAYED in the past 3 days, and that never happens.

We had our first cross-country meet today and I placed 39th.

Out of 41 people.

Yay.

(no transition whatsoever)

I saw the keynote address for the iPod today and I started taking notes so I could put it in the blog. I stopped halfway through because I couldn't stand the BS that Steve Jobs is releasing.

First off: iPod video (or as it's now called the iPod Classic) is being redone with a new user interface, cover flow, and a sleek full metal design. With 160 frickin' gbs of storage. Few people will replace this with their iPod video because it's virtually the EXACT SAME THING with more storage that people will never fill. New users aren't going to buy because of the new products that are coming out. So overall, this is bound to be a flop.

Second: the revamped iPod nano. The new nano is actually worth getting (video capacity, games, new user interface.) BUT. There is one problem. They're releasing a 4 GB version of this) which is simply not enough capacity to hold video, photos and music. Then again, if he raised the capacity, it wouldn't be much of a nano, but more of a smaller classic. This is one of two things that I liked in the keynote.

Third: iPhone stuff. iPhone now has song ringtones that you can customize yourself and buy for a cheaper amount than a regular ringtone. Jobs says he has 500,000 songs that can be used for the ringtone. All I can say is "why not?". Cell phones aren't complete without ringtones, so I guess the iPhone has to have some too. This is the other thing I liked in the keynote.

But there's one other thing that he added that has pissed off many a user of the iPhone: they're cutting the cost of the iPhone by 200 bucks. He's since apologized, and has given everyone a $100 credit, but at the time I watched this, I was absolutely dumbfounded as to why he would do such a thing so soon. Had he not apologized, he would have lost many a user.

Fourth... and where I stopped: the iPod Touch. Not many people like this concept at all. Without going into too much detail, it's an iPhone sans Phone. It's an iPod video with a touch-screen and internet access. With the price of the iPhone going down, why not just get the iPhone? Big, big mistake on Apple's part.

I stopped watching around the part where he was demoing the iPod Touch and showing how it did the exact same thing as the Video with less features. He was struggling to try to bring something new into the picture, but he didn't succeed.

Maybe I'll get a Zune... (dramatic music)

This post ended up being longer than I wanted it to be and I still want to add my favorite line from "It's Electric, Nostradamus!" So here it is:

"Lucifer, I know you're tired and poor, so let's get you to the store, before it's too late, and you're finished spreading destruction, destruction and hate..."

The destruction and hate part goes longer than that, but I don't think you or I care.

and... print.

~-~

No comments: