8/15/08

Nostalgia.

Well I was looking at my Myspace, which I've suddenly started using again:
myspace.com/piccata (I put up LHC *gasp* and Dehumidifier over there if you want to go check dat owt)

I went down to the bottom of my player and I saw Internal Clock. Clicked on it. It was the first time that I'd heard it in probably almost a year. And I was surprised.

Surprised in the sense that I haven't really grown that much between then and now (musically). My voice is pretty much unchanged and my piano skills haven't really developed at all. My lyrics have definitely developed. (Although Dehumidifier has possibly the worst lyrics I've ever written... but that was on purpose)

I remembered the countless hours that I had spent on Audacity trying to make it all electronic. Oh... those were the days. (and they still are)

Getting older. It sucks.
(when you think about it, younger shouldn't even be a word.)
------------------------
In other news:
First it was Sigur Ros
Then it was Arcade Fire
Now it's Animal Collective that I'm massively obsessed with. I have a desperate urge to pick up all of their albums.



I finished my summer reading notes for the most part. Now I just have the rest of the math packet to work on. I should be making videos again in a couple days.

Oh wait. No. I won't be. I'm going camping for three days. I'll be back on Wednesday... and then I have cross country, work, and then more math. Ok... it'll probably be a while, still. Ugh. AND I HAVE SO MANY GOOD IDEAS.

Good ideas:
-Dank Bitty
-Learn French!
-My Morning Routine (an idea I've had in my head for the longest time...)
-Me covering Cuckoo by Animal Collective. (I've learned the first piano loop, now I'm trying to learn the second one. I know what key it's in, but it's hard to figure out all the notes because all I have to go by is a video on Youtube. And my computer's not on the same floor as my piano... I'll get it soon.
-Me covering Lola by the Kinks. Because who DOESN'T want to sing a song about a transvestite?
-What Do You Like? A parody of those videos... you know... those videos. (*cough cough* My Life in 6 Words)

(you know what I hate? When you go to delete a letter, and it ends up deleting the whole word. Sort it out, Blogger.)

I wanna be on dis:
youtube.com/indieduction

And that's it, because my mom's getting pissed that I'm blogging instead of working on math. G'bye.

~-~

1 comment:

Dave said...

There should have been an invitation to indieduction in your letterbox (/youtube mail) yesterday. If not this is it: Would you like to be on indieduction?