5/9/08

Just played through the tracklisting of Rise/Set. I'm so fucking happy with it right now.
If you follow videosforpictures, you'll have heard the vast majority of the songs already.

FINAL TRACKLISTING:
1. Smile
2. Map With Odd Directions (Replaced 'The Like Song, which would have been the weakest track on the album by far')
3. Little Wolf
4. Rotation/Spin
5. Pack Mentality
6. Pneumonia
7. Cyanide

I think it's going to be about 37 minutes, which is almost the length of a full album.

Problems I face with it right now:
1. I have no idea how Zane producing's going to work. We still can't drive, and we both live an hour apart. And in order to record and produce this album together we'd need a bare minimum of 40 hours. That's time that we can't really find since my parents never really have a reason to go up where he lives. I hope we can figure something out.

2. I'd like to do at least a little recording at home. This means that I need some type of recording device besides my camera. (Camcorder's just not gonna cut it.) I've been looking at 4-track recorders and I found one at a local music store for 260 with built in stereo mics and USB capabilities. If I can't record or produce with Zane, I'm gonna need something as a backup. That would be my backup.

But it's expensive. I don't have a job.
My dad's into the whole aspect of recording so I'm sure he'd be able to pay half. But I honestly don't know where i'm going to find 130 dollars. If I was thinking, I wouldn't have bought my PS3 and this wouldn't be a problem. Fuck my life.

3. I forgot the third thing... wait... This sucks. I literally forgot the third thing.
...
Oh yeah. Now I remember. I need to find some way of making income on this one. Unfortunately, my parents are extremely strict when it comes to giving out personal information to websites. And of course, earning money online involves giving the internet your personal information. So I need to somehow manage to persuade them. (All friends will get a free copy. You can relax)

I've just realized that when I freewrite, I tend to start a lot of my sentences with contractions. And stuff. But yeah. So...

The picture below won't be my album cover. It might be album ART (which I think is what I accidentally typed in the title) but it won't be the cover. I think I have an idea for the album cover, but involves converting a video to a picture. Which I think is impossible. But I'll see what I can do.

Well I think that's it.

Yeah that's it.

Bye now.

~-~

1 comment:

Zanois said...

Several things:

1. Would it work if I was able to get my Dad to give you a ride? I'm not sure about this, but I'll look into it if it's a possibility.

2. As far as getting a studio goes, I got my 32-track for $150. Granted you'd need a mic for it, but it's defnitely worth it. You'd also need a SmartMedia card for it too, but I shouldn't see that running for much more than $25.

3. Ways to sell it:
Here's the two sites I use...
First, to use both of these, you need to sign up for Paypal, but it's free. You need to enter personal information on Paypal, but it's an extremely secure site.

Then, you can sign up for AmieStreet.com. It doesn't cost anything to sign up, you don't need any personal info, and you keep all the profits. (Wow, that sounds like an ad) Only downside: The first ten people to buy the MP3s of it get it for free, and you only get paid four times a year.

To sell real CDs, go to Kunaki.com

It costs nothing to sign up, and again, no info needed really.

They will actually manufacture the CD for you, and sell it on their site. It comes with a free barcode and shrinkwrap, and looks really official and whatnot. You choose the price and they only keep $1.75 per each CD sold.

And I could take a shot at making some album art for Rise/Set if you want.