7/20/08

Not Angry, Just Disappointed.

Well, it's official (semi). Zane's coming down next weekend to record and I Am The Robot will FINALLY get started, after 3 months of planning. THE tracklist:

1. Slip Case
2. Map With Odd Directions
3. Graph Paper
4. Adding to An Echo Chamber
5. The LHC
6. Obscura
7. Cyanide Lightyear

Although there might be an interlude in the middle between Obscura and Cyanide Lightyear which leads into Cyanide Lightyear. There (might/will) be a short, instrumental bonus track at the end called 'Feudalism.'

Alright... here's why I'm disappointed:
This isn't even the same album that I started with. The only similarity between the one in April and the one now is that Cyanide Lightyear is the last track and that there's seven tracks. Other than that, EVERYTHING'S CHANGED. All of the other songs have been scrapped, and the album's not even called Rise/Set like I was planning on. The album no longer follows the first half bright and the second half dark concept which was GREAT. Now it's just 7 songs that go well together. This is the main problem I have with songwriting: I always change my mind, and one thing always ends up being another. It's been going on since day 1 and it will continue until I stop writing music. It's my weakness.

But this will still be miles better than Very Three. I can guarantee that. I do believe that Zane's bringing down a dulcimer, banjo, and bass. And I have a 99cent kazoo that's barely functional and a cowbell.

And now I will leave you with Kimya Dawson:


~-~

No comments: