1/3/11

#29:

You're That One

The drive up.

The white/yellow dashes flashing under your Prius.

The music playing in your car:
The Killers.

The end of I-95.
The end of Route 101.
The end of Route 108.

The sight of your car at the top of my street.
The cautious maneuvering up my driveway.
The heart scribbling twohundredwordsperminute.
The incomprehensible literature it's producing for.
The mind to make sense of.

The doorbell (the dog's barks),
the door that creaks to life,
the quiet footsteps up stairs,
the pause (why the pause?) and then
the triumphant resumption,
the incessant barking,
the saccharine sound of some celestial being: "HELLO!",
the final corner that has kept us this separated,

And here, you, are!
I kiss that dream face
that I've missed for weeks,
and we melt
into
the couch,
together,
to watch Toy Story.

~-~

No comments: