1/1/11

The last three:

3. Cerulean by Baths (electronic, glitch)

2. The Monitor by Titus Andronicus (anthemic indie-punk)

1. Halcyon Digest by Deerhunter (ambient, indie rock)


There it is. I couldn't find time to write reviews for these as I was finishing up applying to colleges and trying to enjoy a relatively stress-free vacation. I'm admittedly 0/2 for completing ambitious blog projects this year.

It's not this year anymore.

It's next year.

Tomorrow, I'm starting in on pulling off a 30/30, or 30 poems in 30 days. That, in addition to recording the final song for this EP that I've been shelving forever. I aim to get the EP out in March: after I'm finally finished with collegiate encounters of the third kind/when school calms down a little bit. I originally said this would be done by the end of October 2010. I wasn't considering the typical, mama-said-stress-you-out duties that I had to get out of the way first.

Hindering. Sometimes that's all academia feels like. Other times, I'm immensely grateful for it.

Anyhow, I've been listening to what I've recorded over and over and over again, about 15 minutes of solid stuff. It's sounding better and better with each tweak. Positive.
-
Other news, I found some lyrics that I wrote back in '06. I should have posted them here, because they're laughably awful, but I opted to throw them in the fireplace.

Sometimes it's best to leave your past burning.

Welcome, 2011.

~-~

No comments: