8/20/07

Couple New, Important things

Computer's being weird, so we have to put up with Arial font in today's post. :(

Anyways:

Thing 1: I have a neocounter! Whatever you see, to the right of your screen (->) subtract almost all the Manchester views, because I was testing if it counted my views... and it does. (fart noise)

Thing 2: (and much, much more important, btw) The collaboration with Zane and I has officially gotten underway. We worked on something like 8 or 9 songs yesterday.

Some of it was just random jamminess. (Yes, I said jamminess.)

Enlarge my default pic on myspace, and you'll see what actual songs we're working on. (You'll notice that some are covers...)

Zane has everything at his house: a miniature drum set, (that functions like an actual drum set) a keyboard with over 500 settings, sleigh bells, maracas, a chord organ, a glockenspiel, a stand up bass that's literally a cardboard box with two strings, many an acoustic guitar, amps, mics*, a recording studio that runs on batteries, a violin... thing that looked like a stick, and today, he got his banjo. It's absolutely unbelievable. He doesn't even have to leave home to record, which I am very, very jealous of.

We wanted to record yesterday, but the batteries to his recording studio died, almost soon as we turned it on. (Damn AAA batteries...)

But you know what? It felt good to practice and get the ideas a-flowin'.

Wanted to meet up with him next week, but odds are, I'm not gonna be up to Manchester until September.

Thing 3: I am recording next week, but I have absolutely no idea what to record.

Several options here:
1. Toy Platoon: I could either record it and then do a version with Zane, or I could just do the version with Zane.
2. Internal Clock: It's done. But there's always the chance that I might want to add drums.
3. 7: My poppy song. I think I might save this for solo.

4. Insomniac: The song I recently forgot about that's lullabye-ish. Also saving for solo.

I'm talking too much. Bye.

~-~

No comments: