8/2/07

My God...

I'm on a roll.

Signal Flare
Signal Flare (Reprise) (which I think is better than the actual song)
Down Is The New Up
Toy Platoon

Down is the New Up is a cover of a Radiohead song. Yorke's falsetto is ridiculous in this song, but I think I might just be able to pull it off. If you've never heard it go to my youtube account and check my favorites. It should still be on there.

Signal Flare, as I already told you is a quick 3 minute song. It's a pretty unique song, at the end I have a quick little solo in 5/4, and I think it's the only song I've written where I actually have a noticeable dynamic change.

The reprise is an instrumental divided into 3 equal parts (1 minute each): Part 1 is a chord progression I found out about that I really like: Gm, A, Dm, C, Bb. I pretty much just solo on it. Part 2 is just a buildup with the chords Gm, Bb, F, C which leads to part 3: which is the same chords only it has a melody on top of it instead of me just improvving. (I think that's how you spell it.)

And Toy Platoon's gonna be a fun one for the drums.

~-~

No comments: