8/30/07

The Story of A Hoax

I am completely in love with one of my songs (for the first time in a while). It's called Hoax*.

Inspired by a news article that I found in Newsweek (I was at the orthodontist's, ok?). The front page read Global Warming is a Hoax*. I thought that was pretty cool so I ran home and put the title down on paper and didn't do anything for a couple weeks. At this point, I was still trying to configure 7 (I've since given up on it) and a piece of it evolved into Hoax*.

A week later, it was ready. (I made the last adjustment about 5 minutes ago.)

The only problem is that the rhythm in the left hand is virtually identical to Down is the New Up. (from the basement version) It has virtually no other similarities (it's not even in a minor key), but that one small detail is bugging me a lot.

But all the same, it's a song I would play 3957 times before I got sick of it.

So there ya go.

I am so sick of not recording. I think this would sound really good recorded, although I can't think of a drumline for it.

I'll work on it.

~-~

No comments: