6/19/08

Graph Paper on Arcade Fire!

New song. Graph Paper (1:24)

I'm gonna step outside
Write my mind on graph paper
I'm gonna take a knife
And cut this world apart.
I'm gonna bang this drum
And tell the world it'll be OK.
I'm gonna tear the universe in half.

This song, despite it's length, might be one of the better songs on the album. (Consider... (I already forgot it's name... uh...) Friar Marco to be gone. ) The piano has this repeating theme throughout and halfway through the lyrics this pounding sound comes in. (Me kneeing the piano). And then after "tear the universe in half", I envision that there will be a pounding bass drum to accompany the piano kneeing. In the last few seconds, a B flat comes out of nowhere and sustains into the next song, "Adding to An Echo Chamber".

Songs in order of how much I like them:
Adding to An Echo Chamber (This is one of the few songs that I'm sure I'll be playing for a long, long time. Seriously, the last couple of times I played this, I ended up just falling off my stool. The song essentially ends with me slamming on my piano, although there's still a little bit of coherence.)
Cyanide Lightyear (I enjoy playing this song SOOOO much. Tires my left hand (That's what he said) but once I hit the instrumental part, it gets a well-deserved break.)
Map With Odd Directions (If I were to release singles off this, this would probably be the first one. It's one of the few songs I've written that rely on melody more than playing around with chords.)
Graph Paper (see above)
Psalm I (This used to be higher on my list, because I'm struggling to see which direction I'm going with it)
Pack Mentality (If I ever play this live, I'll be sure to add like a 3 minute intro solo type thing. I tried it out today and it sounded good. To me, at least)
Obscura (I like it, but without drums which is how I always hear it, it's very bland. although at the same time it's the most original song on the list. It's weird, I can't really explain it)

Wow, so I just pretty much gave a semi in-depth analysis of what I have right now. That wasn't intended. haha

Arcade Fire is now one of my favorite bands. I might need to do a redux of the top 10 bands video I made last week and include them on the list. Their live show looks AMAZING.



ta ta for now, bitches.

~-~

No comments: