9/15/08

i have a friend. he's mostly made of pain.

NAME THAT TUNE (in the title)

I feel like writing in small text today.
And lolspeak.
But i won't lolspeak here.
---------------------
DRAMATIC SETUP
My parents and my aunt are behind me chatting up a storm on the deck. My aunt is moderately inebriated, Mom is talking to my sister on the phone, and my dad's cracking jokes left and right. My dog's laying down under my computer desk and it's virtually the cutest thing ever. It's 9:00 PM on a Monday, and I'm blogging.
----------------------
I'm starting an Autumn sessions, to (kinda) pick up where the Summer Sessions left off.
http://youtube.com/shebitmylip
I'll only be making videos once a week (Each Saturday, before 6:00 PM), but it'll at least make my channel alive again. It's been dead for almost a month.
So yeah. Starting that this week.
-------------------------
I tried to record Map With Odd Directions, but it didn't turn out all that great. I still have a few kinks to work out with my studio, and I need a better piano to record on. (This problem will be solved by me recording most of whatever I release next in my piano teacher's studio.)
-----------------------
My secret thing that isn't really much of a secret to be kept in the first place is that I'm probably going to make my next release full-length. Now, it's not going to be like a huge 16-track extravaganza, it's still going to be short. (Probably 9 or 10 tracks)
Here's what I'm looking at for a tracklist:
1. Graph Paper*
2. Adding to An Echo Chamber*
3. Map With Odd Directions*
4. Father No. 3
5. This Is Not A Dream*
6. Doppelganger*
7. The LHC - done already
8. Pack Mentality
9. Cyanide Lightyear*

* denotes a song that I'll most likely be recording at the piano studio.

I'm not entirely sure whether Slip Case will be going on. It doesn't really fit in.
----------------------
The videosforpictures Youtube channel probably won't be up for much longer. All I can do is covers until I can get some of me music copyrighted, so I can't really use it. Dunno. Might post the occasional cover on it.
----------------------
i've fallen into a bad habit of cracking my middle, index, and ring knuckles on my right hand. There's like a 100% chance that I'm going to have hand problems when I'm older. Constant piano playing, constant typing, knuckle thing. It's gonna bite me in the ass.
----------------------
Band might be playing at a half-marathon at Hampton Beach in a few weeks. They don't know it yet. Because I just found out about it today.
---------------------
That's all I feel like writing, kthxbyebyebyebyebye.

~-~

1 comment:

Dave said...

You may want to double check that it's true over there, but in this country your music is copyrighted as soon as you can prove you wrote it, in fact uploading to youtube is a way to do that. If anyone ever claimed they wrote it you could just say look at this video posted on this date and then they would have to prove that they wrote it before then... which they couldn't because they didn't.

There is no evidence that cracking knuckles is in any way damaging.

Waste of paint. TUNE!