9/5/08

Rethinking Life

And by rethinking life, I mean rethinking the EP. (just wanted an interesting title, I guess) School has sucked the living creativity out of me and my songwriting/thinking about music has been hindered as a result. I might just put the EP on hold until I can really: think things through/know what I'm doing/not have mounds of schoolwork every night.
------------
I'm also thinking about doing the talent show at my school. I've been thinking about what I could possibly play there. LHC comes to mind, as well as Map With Odd Directions. (Singing out "Let's go get drunk in the back of your best friend's house" and the word SHIT at a school event would feel unbelievably refreshing)
------------
I hate Doppelganger. I really do. I've tried to like it, I've tried to convince myself that it's good, but it's not... good. It's plain, the lyrics suck (although I do think that 'stay young and make sound' is the best line I've ever written), it takes too long to get anywhere. I could go on.
------------
I don't get it. School's supposed to be a catalyst for being creative and thinking about things outside of school, but instead it's done the opposite for me this year. I've written one song (Doppleganger) since school started. Any playing at home is almost immediately interrupted upon the realization that I have hours of homework. I can't think. I can only work. I hate it.
------------
My dog barks too much.

~-~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

in response to the second last section, i know! too much structure and stress in school is just disastrous for creativity, its really unfortunate :(.

oh and i love your videos, there very real
two thumbs up!