9/3/08

Record your message after the tone. *no tone*

Too much homework. I should be working on it now, but I need a break. I need time to think, however brief it may be...
-------------------------------
New song up on tehMySpace called Silent Song.
See for yerself:
http://myspace.com/piccata
------------------------------
I wrote one the other day called "Doppelganger." Needs more work. But it's nice. I wrote it in my piano teacher's studio when she wasn't there. I didn't know if I had practice, so I went to the studio anyways. She wasn't there, but the door was unlocked, so I just kind of snuck in and played piano for 40 minutes. Complete solitude except for the noisy bartender school next door. I wrote Doppelganger and emerged from the studio incredibly happy. I felt great, and I couldn't even figure out why.

Lyrics:
Let's lie to ourselves
Let's lie on our aching backs
Let's play tag or get lost in the woods
Let's be young again

I don't want to grow old
I just want to make sound
Stay young and make sound
Stay young and make sound

Let's (forgot the lyrics)
Let's (forgot the lyrics again)
Let's jump into a crowd and yell in their ear
Let's be live again

Chorus 2x

*I would say that I'll add those two lines in later, but I'd just be lying to you and myself.

I've also been thinking about speeding up Map With Odd Directions to give more of a change in pace. I've noticed that a lot of my songs fall into the same tempo range and I don't like that. Me likes teh variation.
------------------------------
I've been rethinking the tracklist a little:
1. Doppelganger
2. Map With Odd Directions
3. The LHC
4. Graph Paper
5. Adding to An Echo Chamber
6. Slip Case
7. Cyanide Lightyear

I don't know when/if this will ever be finished. I need a condenser microphone before I can do anything. Seeing that they aren't cheap, this might not even solve my sound problem, and the fact that my parents are totally anti-online shopping, it might be backed up until Christmas or later or never. I'm just being honest here.
----------------------
Band played at a church barbeque on saturday. We managed to make 40 dollars which was awesome. And we got a nice little thank-you letter from a bunch of churchgoers. *smiles*
----------------------
God, Rudy Guilani's repping McCain at the RNC right now and the crowd's being all 2 minute hate on Obama's ass. Kind of scary.

Crap. I need to finish HW.

Bye, everyone.

~-~

No comments: