9/18/08

To Loaf And To Lark.

Title = album title idea.

I'm kind of worried about the Large Hadron Collider. I mean, my fears subsided after a while, but everyone was talking about it today, which kind of rekindled them.

As my (incredibly wise) chemistry teacher put it:
"What do you get when you mix positive and negative? Nothing."
and
"Look it at this way. If you're talking to someone and then you blink and nothing's there. Oops."

although he also said the UN was planning on trying to halt the project. I googled "LHC UN" and got nothing. He also said that it could spell the end of the universe. Which... probably DEFINITELY wouldn't happen. The end of our solar system? potentially. But the end of our universe... ehh...

1. Why couldn't you have built it in orbit? That might have at least slightly reduced the risk of us getting destroyed by a black hole.

2. You can't calm me down when EVERYTHING you're basing your experiment on is theory. It's theorized that Hawking radiation can evaporate small black holes in almost no time. It's theorized that no harm will be done. It's theorized that you'll actually find something with this machine.

/rant

In other news...
(If we're still alive at the end of this year) I'm hoping to release whatever I release next by the end of the year. I recorded another song today (Three Neighbo(u)rs) and... I'm liking the way it's sounding. I might send it to Zane or I might just keep it as is. It could be my like one incredibly stripped down song on the album.

That's about all of the news I have. Meet on Saturday.

Kbye.

~-~
(I've had that little ~-~ thing forever now. I just realized that. It's become habitual.)

1 comment:

Dave said...

I don't know how much you would trust my knowledge of particle physics, but I may as well throw my name in there;

The experiment may be based on theory, as every experiment is, but the possibility of a black hole being created and ending the world is based solely on selling newspapers. There was never any chance of that happening.

The media love calling it the 'big bang machine', I read one actual scientific article that made a comparison, one of the smaller differences was that the temperature in the LHC would have to be multiplied by 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 to reach that of the big bang. So unless it's particularly warm that day...