8/26/10

NOT TALKING TO A WALL? K SWEET.

JC, I'm not totally set on a release date yet. I still have to record one more song and get everything fully organized before I get it online. I'd say probably by the end of October.
---
Today sucked. Today was also great. Overall, today falls somewhere inbetween the two.

Two years ago, I fell into a social circle, and it was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. We called ourselves "The Society of Losers" on and off. The name was a little cheesy, and I can kind of feel everyone cringe when someone says it, but I coined it, and I'm still proud of it, so be it. We made music together, we made movies/videos together, and we went to restaurants almost constantly. We were around each other a lot.

Today was the last day I spent with them before a lot of them start to head off to college. We're still going to see each other on occasion, but it's really not gonna be the same. I'm gonna be left to suffer one more year of high school, and they'll be doing... well, what college kids do. There's a little bit of fear that I'm gonna be left in the dust, there's actually a significant chance that will happen, since we've always kind of been together in being separate. Independence kind of ruled supreme a lot of the time with us.

But yeah, today was the last day I spent with them. We played a Dumbledore's Army show that went smoothly although we were really late, and then we went out to eat. We ate like kings. Well, they did. I had a veggie burger with sweet potato fries. And then, home. We unpacked my stuff and I started getting really, really sad. Not to the point of tears, I've been kind of fighting them since. But as we were moving things in, I envisioned them moving their stuff into their dorms and just kept meditating on "This is truly the end of an era."

It's tough letting people go. But you have to. Life.

~-~

1 comment:

Dave said...

I think I wrote my favourite song about this moment.