8/11/10

USB

Tomorrow, i'm recording.
Everything.
Until I'm finished.

I've been formulating my speech for when I graduate. I'm pretty much locked in to be salutatorian, since I've been in that position for the past three years. And the salutatorian customarily makes a speech before the valedictorian. I guess I want my angle to be that by getting a diploma, we're evicted. We're evicted into this sea of sameness. And it's our job in life to fight that sea by finding our own voices, to kind of focus on what makes us unique entities. Otherwise, we'll lead bland lives, play-by-play, black and white. By doing what makes us us, whether it's creating something or possessing some unique talent, or whatever, we break free from the banes of everyday life, and pretty easily. Some people don't think they have this, and if you rack your brains and feel like you're incapable of creating something or incapable of possessing some unique talent, then do what Kurt Vonnegut told me to do: write a 6-line poem that rhymes, don't bother memorizing it, instead rip it up and throw it away in various trash cans, and be content with the fact that you have produced something that has x amount of value.

That's just the general idea thus far. I don't know.

Tomorrow, I'm recording the rest of this album.
Today, I painted concrete.
Tomorrow, I'll paint some more concrete.
Today, I played mini-golf.
Tomorrow, I'll not play mini-golf.
Today was spent in a stupor.
Tomorrow, I'll avoid inhaling paint fumes.
Today, I ran.
Tomorrow, I'll run further.
Today, there's been a song stuck in my head. it's called

No comments: