4/17/07

Reality Check

What do I want to be when I grow up? ...Of course, my obvious answer right now would be: musician. My piano teacher says I have the skill to make it my main career if I wanted to. But I've been thinking recently: What if it doesn't work out? What if I'm doomed to a lifetime of bohemia and playing at carnivals? It happens to many. Couldn't I be one?

I need back-up.

My parents want me to be a doctor, make lots of $$$ and live the ideal American life. And there are some doctor/musicians in the world. But they never go far, and I want fame, I want fortune.

But am I realistically going to make my way to the top? Am I good enough?

That's the question I can't answer. Only time will tell if I'm good enough. And if I'm not good enough, then...? Doctor.

A doctor who wishes he was somewhere else.

Well, dam broke. Neighbor's moving stuff in. Gotta go help.

~-~

No comments: