5/26/07

Addition and Subtraction

This is What We've Become last time I checked is now 9 minutes and doesn't include the Brock-esque type yelling that I mentioned in an earlier post anymore. It's slowly becoming my most complex song, because it switches from:

(Keep in mind that while this is a pretty basic note structure, it's extremely rhythmic like most of my songs.)

Dm, C, Em -> E, C, G, F# -> Dm, C, Em (Chorus)
E, C, G, F# -> E, G (with different timing) (Interlude)

And then:
E, C, G, F# ->Bm, A, G (Coda)
-------------------
I also wrote this other song called Stuck With Nowhere that builds up for 2 minutes, and then this awesome beat follows and I start singing. It's extremely anticlimactic, because the last line is "This is just an interlude" and the music suddenly stops. It's really good, and I NEED TO RECORD THIS STUFF SO WE BETTER RECORD AGAIN SOON.
~-~

No comments: