2/16/08

Al...most...there...

It's so close, that I can taste it. Which really makes no sense because plastic has no flavor.

I just wrote the last song to make the EP. It's called "The Brilliance of Four" and is about an old man that never leaves his house, therefore being heavily misunderstood. He claims that he's not as crazy as he seems, but then he describes a dream in which a young girl comes into his house. She starts looking for things that would help debunk some of the theories about the man. He catches her, and he forces her to become his wife. (as in stay with him forever) Heehee. I love telling stories with songs. I should do it more often.

It's by far the longest song I've written in a while, topping 6:10 most of the time I play it. It's gonna build up, and it's going to be the only song on the EP to have a snare drum sound in it. (Dead Center has bass and cymbal)

Still requires a little more tweaking before I can record it. It needs to have an epic finish to match the epic build-up. And my camcorder keeps going through batteries like (insert analogy here)

Give me a week, and it'll be done.

~-~

No comments: