2/6/08

BIG DAMN BUILDINGS WITH NOTHING IN THEM.

*Quick update/pre-rant*

I'm now going to update the blog every Wednesday. Just so you know when to flock to the page and when not to.

*Rant*

I'm completely redesigning the tracklisting on my EP. NONE of those songs are going to be on the final cut. Instead, I'm recording the next seven songs that I write and then putting them on disc. It's still called 'Very Three' and the album art still stands as is. So far, all I know is that the first track's going to be "Big Damn Buildings" and the last track is going to have a minute and a half of hidden noise at the end. I have a beginning and an end. Now for the middle. Ugh.

So pretty much, my dreams of putting out an EP are going to have to wait for a month while I write seven more songs to record.

If you're wondering how I record with my camcorder, the process is the following easy 10 steps:

1. Download an MPEG4 converter and Audacity (optional) if you don't have them.
2. Record your song with your camera.
3. Upload the video to your movie editor/maker. (I have WMM...)
4. Publish it.
5. Open the converter.
6. Convert the video file to WAV.

Notes:
My converter's the Allok MPEG4 Converter Trial. The bit rate only goes up to 320 kbps, you can stop here, but you won't be getting the best quality.

The files I convert are usually WMV but you can also convert AVI and several other types with the converter I have.

Extra:
7. Open Audacity and then open your song file.
8. Tinker around with it. (i.e. amplifying)
9. Export as WAV. You now have a 1411 kbps (roughly) WAV file.
10. Burn disc. You now have a single.

Um so yeah... expect me to be bragging about my EP within a month. I'm very excited to start doing this. In fact, I might just go write a song... right now.

But first, checking out Zane's blog.
And then checking Youtube.
And then doing my homework.
Then I'll write something.

BLAH.

~-~

No comments: