2/11/08

WHEN YOU DON'T TALK BACK, I GET LOST.

Another old song has returned to make it onto the EP. Titled Dead Center. The only thing is that the only similar thing about the song is it's lyrics and it's title. The sound is completely different. The song was originally a jazzy, tripping over itself 5/4 piece, but now it's almost taken on a country sound. The good thing is that it sounds MILES better than the other version (which I believe I wrote back in April of '07, it's in the blog somewhere). It's also one of only two songs on the EP so far that extend past 4:00. The rest of the songs hover around the 2:45-3:30 mark, which is good. Back when this blog began, I'd always write songs that went on for a good 5-6 minutes. Those days are over. it feels a lot better to write more succinct songs than writing songs that drift for 4 minutes and go nowhere.

Something's getting done finally. And i'm doing it by myself.

Edit: Dead Center's no longer on this blog, I think. Sometime last year I did a clean out of song updates that were all of 2 sentences. I thought the songs were obsolete. One of those songs was Dead Center. Shows what I know.


~-~

No comments: