10/3/07

Breakin' it Down...

I expect this part to be just bass and drums:

The official unabridged/bridge to Hoax*
well if i am king
then you aren't king
then they aren't king
and we aren't kings
but i'll be king
and you'll be beast
and you'll be cast down
off the rock
if you are king
then i'm not king
and nobody will just ever agree
but if we come to
a standstill
then we'll be cast down
off the rock

The ending, to any one who has a piano:

emaj7, dm7, gmaj7, fmaj7. It's very bouncy, but I can't really describe the rhythm otherwise.

(My attempt)
It's like this (each chord gets the rhythm before a change):

da da chik (quick rest) DA da da da.

And then when you go from g to f, it's

da da chik da DA DA DA (last three notes = a triplet, leads right into fmaj7)

and then for the f, the first time you play the rhythm with the chord once, the second time, twice, the third time 4 times, the fourth time 8 times, and then finish on emaj7.

If anyone on Earth could decipher what all this means, my jaw would drop. I guess this is really meant for a reminder in case I forget in the future.

Cool cool?


~-~

No comments: