10/28/07

Hoax*

Is nowhere NEAR completion yet in the studio. Today, we got a 2 hour start on it and layed down rough vocal, piano, and drum takes. (Although, I'm sure if we can just tweak it a little bit, the drums will stay as is.)

What's done so far sounds GREAT, and I'm far more pleased with the result than Internal Clock. Eban is an absolute mastermind behind the drums. He saved Hoax* from a poppy drumline and turned into a sweet jazz tune with a rock core. The drums MAKE the song.

I'm still looking to throw on bass and more percussion. I might need to buy a tambourine and shakers, because I'm not sure if Eban's going to be able to rent the stuff from UNH for a while.

In the meantime, I'm almost done with that reprise to Thrown Together, so expect that on Youtube in the next couple of days. I might also make a sequel to Illest Moves with Robert next week so keep thine eyes peelt.

...western civ homework. dang.

~-~

No comments: