10/12/07

A side note (that after typing the initial title turned into a full-blown post):

Working on a new song after a couple weeks of not really giving a damn about making new music. The bass hand rhythm sounds like "Nude", and the base is from "Antipathique". I'm considering scrapping Antipathique. From the first time I played it, I knew it had that throwaway ambience to it. Although the electronic sound's something I've never really dove into, Antipathique just seems like I've played it 1000 times before.



Of course, I'm always this picky. Unless I get really excited about recording something, it leaves within a week. Hoax* is staying until I record it, it's one of the few pieces I actually still LOVE playing. That and an updated version of Internal Clock. It sounds so different when I play it in my basement compared to when I recorded it. The version on my myspace feels very overproduced and I feel like I could do another vocal track on it. It's been a walloping 5 months since I've recorded, and since that time, Internal Clock has become so much more polished. Although I never seem to play it, whenever I do play it (maybe like three times in the last 2 months) it has much more of a relaxed vibe than the recorded version.



I need to stop putting things off. It's time to go back to Rollinsford and pay a visit to Mr. Landrock at Landrock Recording. It's been time to go back there for 4 months. It's time to get something done with my music.



And I mean it.

No comments: