11/12/07

Below Quota

Midway through the month and only... gasp. 4 posts?

Usually by now, I'd have something like 12-15, but I will admit. I have been slacking.

I'm actually even surprised I'm posting tonight. I just got off a 4 hour writing assignment and it's now almost 10:00 on a school night.

Anyways...

I don't have a lot of new stuff. I'm finally slowing down into a comfortable zone with my music where I can't dispose of it as easily as I used to. And even some of the songs I've written in my faraway past are resurfacing and moving into my practice rotation.

Nothing's getting done with Hoax*, and at this point, I'm doubting if it's even gonna show up on the internet. It sounds so good! The beginning's so disorganized, and then the drums and piano suddenly fuse together in the bridge. My vocals are still something left to be desired, but I think that's slowly becoming just my opinion. Maybe it's the fact that my teacher's virtually brainwashing me into thinking that my voice is good. Damn her. It's working.

I've been slowly listening to less Radiohead and more Rage Against the Machine. Sort of a large contrast musically, but lyrically, they're a lot alike. Rage is a lot more fun than Radiohead, but Radiohead's a lot more structured with their music.

Wow. That took 3 minutes to write?
~-~

No comments: