11/2/07

I Survived the Talent Show!

Ahh... this time I did not actually play in it. I deeply regret it. The talent show was plagued by pop song after offkey pop song. Here were some of the acts:

1. 2 girls singing Everytime We Touch by Cascada (long instrumental breaks make for very awkward "um we're on stage and we don't know what to do" moments :) )

2. Guitar Hero, Freebird, Expert Co-op (they passed and got 5 stars but I wanted them to fail so bad, no prize awarded)

3. A kid that solved a Rubik's Cube in 3 minutes. (Would have actually worked had he not pointed out that he messed up, no prize awarded)

4. A 'comedian' (and I use that term unbelievably loosely). Here was one of her jokes:

Knock knock.
Audience: Who's there
Boo.
Audience: Boo who?
...................................you know the rest.

Of course it was not HER that was making these jokes, it was her puppet assistant named Fred.

Another fantastic joke, here's the setup: the girl asked the audience who wanted to be made fun of. Clearly scripted, a girl stood up.

Unfunny girl: What's your name?
Poor girl: Tia.
U: Mia?
P: No, Tia.
U: Bee-a?
P: No... Tia.
U: Beehive?
P: ...Tia.

This went on for about 5 minutes before it finally f'ing ended. I had no sympathy for her and I booed.

5. Roughly 10 performances (all girls, all in junior high, (our school's a junior/senior high), all in duets) were off-key and unprepared. I spent this time to talk with my surrounding peers...

Anyways... here were the top 3:
3. Heather Demello- interpretive dancer
2. Two tap dancers
1. Mikey Lang- the ONE person that sang on key the WHOOOLLLE time. It wasn't even his strongest performance, and he won.

Throughout this whole show, I was thinking: "How cool would it be if I did Analyse by Thom Yorke and just stared at the audience like he did at the Mercury Awards?" I chuckled to myself... Anyways, to sum it all up: It was the biggest waste of 3 hours of my life, I want those 3 hours back and I want to be paid 5 dollars for watching it.

Other news: 2000 words into Nanowrimo, I'm finding myself falling behind already. By now, I should be roughly around 3750. I would be writing, but I'm not THAT determined to get it done. (sighs and looks out window...)

I took that 2 hour to live video down already because I discovered that it was very creepy and wouldn't produce answers. Sadly... but true.

Well I'm gonna go see if I can post nasty comments about those "God Hates Fags" people somewhere.

~-~

No comments: