11/13/07

Dream/Nails:

For once in my life, I've had a nightmare.

The only nightmares that I vividly remember were from when I was 3 or 4:

1. I was stuck in a videogame where the setting was in Hell (age 3...weird huh)
2. Whenever I counted to ten in the dream, a new nightmare started. (age 4)

This one was so weird. In my dream, I was just going about my regular business when all of a sudden I saw a meteor flying towards where I was. I just stared at the meteor and almost felt this beautiful, euphoric swell come to me as it hit. When it did hit, I found myself 1,000,000 feet in the air (there was an altitude gauge on the right for some reason), out in space. And then I fell down and landed softly on African soil. From there, I found my way out of a small desert and came to a school, which appeared to be unphased from the meteor. That's where the dream abruptly ended. It wasn't really much a nightmare as it was a really nervewracking dream. Usually when you see a meteor coming in one of your dreams, you wake up before it hits. In my case, I stayed asleep throughout my fictional fate. I don't know what spawned this dream, except for maybe a piece of writing I wrote that was somewhat similar to the dream. I'm not going into the story, that's another post...

Nails is a new song that I wrote, it's a lot more clear in the message compared to my other songs...

lyric:

We've been sleeping on a bed of nails
And we are too lazy to get up
We've been sleeping on a rusty bed of nails
And the infection's starting to take hold

"The opinion that art should have nothing to do with politics is itself a political attitude"

-George Orwell
~-~

No comments: