5/20/10

A Former Identity Crisis Resolved.

Alright, this shall be the last time that I ever change my blog title. FROM NOW ON, my title shall forever be: "A Day In The Life of A Teen Nightlight." Because I talk about music just as much as I talk about anything else on this blog, essentially.

The whole 'Nightlight' thing came about like this:
BOBINA: *LUMOS*
JAY: *LIGHTS UP*
BOBINA: You're a light?
JAY: Yup.
BOBINA: Then I guess you should change your name to "A Day In The Life of A Teen Nightlight."
JAY: That's actually brilliant.
--
Approaching a very full EP right now. Songs:

1. Prison Hotel (NEW! DETAILS BELOW!)
2. PTSD (NEARLY DONE BEING MIX'D!)
3. Perepelka
4. Trinity
5. Inches To Go Before I Sleep
6. Don't Tell The Kids
7. Choice A
8. I Give Up


The big problem I'm having with some of these songs is that they all almost follow the same structure. I want to kind of not let that happen. So there's gonna be some rearranging before I actually get down to recording this whole mess.

PRISON HOTEL

Richard Zimmerman's got a backpack
Made of sticks and cross-eyed infants
Close their eyes to watch the purple
Dragonflies that eat the seasick
Who clench at grass and take up fistfuls

Stop the bleeding! Stop the presses!
Snipers sit on the eighth floor
Where the affluent businessmen
Are hid behind their bathroom doors
Just one floor up, there's robbers locked down.

Philomena, Philomena
I just saved your soul this evenin'
Sneaking past sharpshooters' bullets
Sneakers strewn across the pavements
She said 'Why not?' and passed me her brain

THERE'S A PLANET AND WE'RE ON IT
IT'S TEN TIMES THE SIZE OF THE ASTEROID
THAT WE LIVED ON
BEFORE THE CONSUMPTION AND THE FIRES AND EVAPORATION


No comments: