5/7/10

Promenade

Today, I'm gonna post a little bit longer.

Simply, because I have more time today for a beautiful change.

This morning, I took my AP History exam. I'm pretty sure I nailed the essays but didn't do so well on the multiple-choice. This is the converse of what I was actually expecting to happen. I hope I got a 4, if I got a 3 it's not the end of the world. But if I got a 2, it is, because I worked my face off on those essays.

I got home around 12 and then started playing on the piano and got a surprising amount of work done. Not on the song that I've almost finished mixing, but on the songs I thought would be on there. I reworked them using fragments of other things I had. I was just worried that they were all following the same structure and the last thing I want when I write music is structure. One's got this really weird breakdown section, and the other one's got this kind of classical structure to it. Before they both had like typical minor bits that easily resolve in major bits. It was too easy, and it bugged me. So now it's different, and now I'm glad.

In other news, this video is disgusting, hypocritical, and overly sensational. Disgusting in the sense that there's an old and overweight couple having sex in it (do. not. want.), hypocritical in the sense that M.I.A. is clearly not anti-war, (have you ever heard Paper Planes?) and overly sensational in the sense that it shows a kid getting shot in the head and another kid getting blown to bits. It obviously makes a point, but it's a point that's been made over a trillion times.


Watch at your own risk:

M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.



Time to get dressed up and kind of have a good time.

~-----~

No comments: