5/10/10

I Give Up

Not on this project, but it's the title of a new song. It's a minute and a half and really basic, definitely an album closer. I'm putting it in my set for Barnstock.

Lyrics:
Oh, I'm at the dregs of my depression
That I drank with shameless pride
Now, the bottom of the cup is wearing out
So I can see the other side

And there's light and it is gleaming
And there's children, they are beaming
There is blood beating through the heart of this town
But I'll never get there, I'm only dreaming

And now
the angst is gone
the dream is dead
and I give up.

Oh, and I got so tired of trying
To not do what was told
But now, no one's bothering to tell me shit
Because I went and got too old

So as my hair falls out and my body greys
And my brain gives out and my soul decays
Am I fated to love everything
For the rest of these dark green days?

And now
the angst is gone
the dream is dead
and I give up.
--
In the meantime, I've successfully managed to rework those songs into better ones. MORE RECORDING, HERE I COME.

Here's the set I'm thinking about for Barnstock:
Inches To Go Before I Sleep - 4:00
+ The LHC - 2:30
+ Mystery Jesus and The Wonder Wheel - 2:00
+ Map With Odd Directions - 4:00
+ Don't Tell The Kids - 3:30
+ I Give Up - 1:30
+ 2:30 of break inbetween
_______
20 minute set


time to go study for my final AP test. the one i'm least prepared for. chemistry. i could use a little luck-wishing from anyone who can provide it. because i'm going to need it.

~-~

No comments: