5/17/10

[FÜR RICHARD ZIMMERMAN]

"D'ya like pickled cauliflower?"

This day has been focus'd around Macy Gray and ranting about the death of absolute self-sufficiency in America.

I figured out I Try by Macy Gray, since I was so thoroughly inspired by Zanois' performance of it. Will probably video a performance of it. I also worked out a new song, and it'll be replacing one of the weaker songs that I've composed as of late. I also mixed a little bit. #progressprogressprogress

"Me personally, I like strawberry jelly."

I managed to spew 1000+ words about the hopelessness of the American Dream today. An excerpt:

"Relative self-sufficiency still exists in large quantities, but is that saying much? In America, it has never been extraordinarily difficult to find a job and make your own way in varying degrees. Complete self-sufficiency, to live by yourself and live without interference from outside agitation, simply isn’t possible. Even if someone decided to live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, they would be arrested for tax evasion, or evicted for deforestation, or annoyed by some kids having crazy, drunken parties. There would truly be no escape. Thoreau is probably rolling over in his grave right now."




"If you like chemistry..."

ALT+F4
ALT+F4

~-~

No comments: