5/24/10

Let’s Talk About When You Think Nobody Likes You

This blog post title is brought to you by a series of books that were located in my elementary school library. Let's Talk About Your Parents on Drugs, Let's Talk About Your Parents Divorcing, etc. Honestly, it was the first thing that came to my mind for some reason, and I have absolutely zero idea why.
-
Down to business.
-
First, I'd like to thank Ben for your insightful addendum to my blood drive post. The biggest problem I have with the whole situation is that adults were once teenagers, they are completely aware of our situation. But they just become so consumed in their self-importance that they simply forget what being a teenager was like. Of course, I'm generalizing, there are genuinely cool adults in existence that don't look down on my kind. But there are clearly those who do. C'est la vie, malheureusement.
-
Second, I had one of those days. One of those days where I'm enormously tired. Tired to the point where I took a nap that lasted a glorious hour, after my prack tractice. That was beyond glorious. I started thinking prior to that nap, that life isn't about what people perceive about me, but what I perceive about people. But the dreamphase started before I got to the end of that trainofthought.
--
Third, I'm trekking all the way up to Quebec this coming Friday, for a little weekend sojourn with my fellow French-taking peers. We're seeing The Old Quarter and this dance-boatcruise-thing that I could care less about and having this interactive history lesson and eating at relatively fancy places and such. We also have to make scrapbooks DURING the trip, which is kind of a bummer.

So I'll be doing that thing that I did while I was gone at Pennsylvania, and come up with posts on the daily. If I have time, my teacher decided to pack a lot into each day.
--
Fourth and finally, my song of the day. It's been crumbling through my head today. Very Arcade Fire-esque, but not enough so that it detracts. The beat's very hypnotizing and uplifting. I like how it just kind of dissolves at the end. And I'm in love. Le Loup's Forgive Me:







And it's gonna be hot tomorrow.

No comments: