5/25/10

May 25, 2010: 8:01:28

Today, as predicted, it was hot out.

After a never-ending 10 minute run, I walked home, slowly.

As I strolled up to my house, I saw my shade-smothered lawn. I wanted to just walk up to it, drop my backpack, and lay there for a bit. And then be absorbed and eaten up, slowly into the ground. Not a muscle moving as my eyes remained closed and I was slowly lowered into the cool, relaxed Earth, before finally being surrounded by follicles of grass. I'd be one with the Earth. My reverie only ended when I was inside.

It was hot out. And all day, I heard people complaining about how goddamn hot it was. Amidst the "I'm miserable"s and the "It's really hot out today"s, I became very frustrated. Hearing other people state the obvious for the sake of conversation does that to me. It doesn't help my mental state, it makes me become aware of the heat while I clearly want to just shut it out of my head.

It was really...really... hot, so I spent most of it inside today. I saw a thread on /mu/ (4chan's music forum) inviting everyone to post their own music. I naturally did so linking people to http://videosforpictures.bandcamp.com, and got some alright response. Of course, the response that you get on that site is typically either mildly positive or harsh, malicious, brutal negative. I got a little bit of both today. Someone called "Cougar Crossing" a 'clusterfuck' and absolutely hated the lyrics of "Three Neighbors" (and to be honest, I think that those lyrics could be a lot better as well), another said they liked the syncopated piano thing going on, someone else just said they liked it. I ended up with 21 plays at the end of this promotional... thing, which is quite alright with me. I got a handful of complete plays, mostly partial plays (which makes sense, seeing as how a partial play constitutes someone listening to somewhere between 10 and 90% of a song), and a couple of incomplete plays.

So that's my semi-success story for today. Throwing my music to the wolves and not being completely ripped apart.

Before I go, a couple songs of the day. Tobacco's Motorlicker off of his new album "Maniac Meat" (comes out today) and Portishead's Silence off of their album "Third".






CAUTION: Both of these are disgustingly catchy.

JOUISSE-LES / je vous reverrai demain.

~-~

No comments: