4/5/10

1700 Meters and School of Seven Bells.

in essence, today was alright. i'm running 1700 meters tomorrow in my first track meet of the season, i downloaded Titus Andronicus' The Monitor and found out about a band called 'Cults' here: http://cults.bandcamp.com.

dissonance and resolve. assonance and then dissonance and then resolve. the jazz improvisation pattern that i'm becoming more and more familiar with. Just letting go, letting your hands take control and go wherever the fuck they want to go. It just happens, and I love it. I've been missing that spontaneity in my piano playing all along. i start getting into it, start kind of drifting into a slumber while my hands are still all over the place. riffs and scales and flourishes and a door opens. mom walks in, tells me to stop. i kind of bang on the piano, but it sounds good by accident. I continue playing, staring at her. Defiance. Silent defiance. She travels upstairs, i bring an abrupt end to the piece, and travel upstairs myself. Frustrated. On the verge of musical epiphany and shot down. Life goes on. There's always tomorrow.



~-~

No comments: