4/19/10

23/40

The amount of questions I got right on this little practice multiple-choice for my APUSH test today. Not bad, but not good.

Well, today I:
a) fell in love with Walt Whitman's poetry. I'm going through Song of Myself right now, and I just noticed this:
Yes, ladies and gentlemen and animals. Odds are that Walt Whitman accidentally invented the sideways winky face. Or maybe this was just done deliberately since he could've been like "OH SHI- THAT'S A MUTHAFUCKIN' SIDEWAYS SMILEY FACE".

Because Walt Whitman talked like that.

In any case: holy awesome.


b) found out that the Philosophy class I was so excited to take was cancelled. Heart shattered, I had to settle for taking US & World Affairs. I guess people are afraid to think in this day and age.

c) realized that I'm gonna start forcing myself to find shows. I want to try out new material. In cafes, open mics, really small places. We all have to start somewhere. I just hope I don't get stuck that way. Now if I can just muster up the courage to call around.

d) discovered a song from a band called Focus. The song is called Hocus Pocus. By Focus. I see what they did thar. In any case, I like how there's crazy guitar, flute, and yodeling all packed into one song. I listened to some of their other stuff and it's shit, I completely understand why they were a one-hit wonder. But I like this. Enjoy (?)



Tiptoe around, tie him down.

~-~

No comments: