4/26/10

Aroused by Lightheadedness

MUY IMPORTANTE:
I won't be posting until Friday. I'm going down to Pennsylvania and won't be near a computer. But I'm going to write at the close of each day and then post all of them on Friday throughout the day, on top of the Friday blog. So I'll be all caught up.

Still missing those couple of days from February though. Yipes.

Recording for the new EP started today. I finally figured out the optimal setup for recording acoustic piano. I'm, for once, really satisfied with how the piano sounds. Not too murky, really clear and smooth. I love. I'm thinking of getting a large group of people to sing the last part of this one song.


---
I'd like to bring to your attention, this album. 'Digital Age' by Dad Rocks!


There's some beautiful guitar on this here album. It's a very peaceful and fluid body of work, done by the lead singer of Mimas. I would put his name here, but Blogger's not letting me.

You can listen to it and download it, in full, here:
http://dadrocks.bandcamp.com
or you can get it on iTunes.


---

Snapshot.

The 2nd 400m is done. Just one 500m run left and this speedworkout is done. But the cottonmouth is there, and the lightheadedness is setting in. Mind compresses. Faint taste of vomit, and the outside is spinning. Voices pop in and out, but the silent brain crusher is distracting you. Silently working away, its tendrils prodding your head. Colors, spheres. and you want to see black, but it won't come, and you are still barely conscious. Save yourself and take this next one slow. Ask for some water first. You don't want to wind up like that kid from Lancaster, Massachusetts. He dropt dead after his track practice. Lancaster, Massachusetts. Your last name is Lancaster. The stars are aligning and you are going to die.

But it doesn't happen. Now you're home, still barely conscious, spread out on your new couch. Panting, downing water. A call from outside to help. With the hose. That you frantically took out and used to get rid of the chalk writing last month. Of all times. But you have to get up. Unless you want a good talking to.

~-~

No comments: