6/16/10

Bloomsday

"Glorious, pious and immortal memory. The lodge of Diamond in Armagh the splendid behung with corpses of papishes. Hoarse, masked and armed, the planters covenant. The black north and true blue bible. Croppies lie down."

While I only got 147 pages through Ulysses when I made a futile attempt at reading it back in February, I enjoyed it immensely. You can't read it like a typical book. You have to read and re-read it, and each time you read it, you start figuring it out, you start getting into the mind of the person who's being focused on. It's remarkable. I'm never gonna bother to finish the remaining 600ish pages, but it's absolutely remarkable.

--
in other news, today was boring. I went to the doctors, played too much chess, lost too much chess. This is the life. Zombie.

~-~

No comments: