6/14/10

Response/9 videos of songs on a single post.

Dave, (hi!), I wasn't so much trying to say that there will inevitably be a massive switch in the mindset of our society that would turn everyone towards alternative energy, I was just thinking that it would hopefully set some lightbulbs off and cause people to think twice about other options. However, I do realize now that I kind of came off a bit too idealistic. Also, you're totally right about BP's bankruptcy messing a bunch of shit up, should have done my research on pension. :o

As for citing the sources, Ben (hi to you as well!), my English teacher doesn't exactly care about citations, which is kind of concerning since I'm off to college next year. *nervous laughter*

I appreciated the output, guys!
---
Now that THAT'S over, I've been listening to a bit too much music as of late, and here's some of it.

Lost Wisdom by Mount Eerie (Indie folk)


F'in Rad/Sugar Buns by Little Kingdoms (Laid-back indie rock a la Pinback)


Sense, Sensibility by Andrew Jackson Jihad (Fastpaced indie-folk-almostpunk)


Blue in Green by Miles Davis (The epitome of beautiful jazz)


Solid Ground by Maps & Atlases (Mildly mathy folk-ish rock.)


Luau by Drive Like Jehu (An incredible, neverending post-hardcore jam.)


Zoothorns/Crimewave by HEALTH (This one's just crazy.)


Throat I by Little Women (This one's even crazier.)


And, FINALLY, It's All Gonna Break by Broken Social Scene (Indie rock. Epic. Massive. Moving. Why are you always fucking ghosts?)


If you managed to sit through all of these in one sitting, congratulations. But go outside and see the world. Even if it's like 2 in the morning. Please.

~-~

1 comment:

Ben said...

You might be able to keep on coasting for awhile in college too. My teacher freshman year was a grad student, and I started to think she wasn't reading my papers. So I added a sentence in the middle of one of my papers (on our dependence on foreign oil, believe it or not) about using "animal shit" as an alternative fuel source, just to see if it would provoke a comment. Nothing.