6/4/10

Congraduations

I went to Bobina's high school graduation today, by myself. It was admittedly awkward, but it's about her, not me, so it's cool. As I saw the green and white caps and gowns filter down onto the field, I saw her, and a few people behind her, I saw the last person. I started postulating what his name was. Yeardley. Zimmerman. It turned out to be Young, I think.

In any case, I met some of her friends after the ceremony, and, being intrinsically socially awkward, there was a lot of awkward moments. I could have asked "How does it feel to be graduated?" or any other question, but instead the majority of the conversations passed like this:

Bobina: This is Jay.
Person: Hi, Jay.
Jay: Hi, Person.
*crickets*

I'm working on it. One day, I'll be able to have conversation with people.

The commencement speech was strangely moving. She related some qualities of the graduates to various scientific concepts, and I thought it was all very clever and well-done. Sincere, heartfelt, other adjectives.

---
I JUST LOST THE GAME AND SO DID YOU
---
I have SATs in the morning, so I'm gonna end this post here. But before I go, let me just show you this:



Zanois at Barnstock. Good stuff, man.

~-~

No comments: