6/3/10

things fall apart

Current mood: painfully reminiscent, je n'en peux plus
Now playing: The Curse by Cults

Lately, I've been forgetting things. Instead of going to a very important National Honor Society meeting yesterday, in which I would have been inducted as Vice President, I went home, and realized where I should have been too late. And instead of writing an e-mail today to my National Honor Society adviser apologizing, I played piano.

and I'm getting progressively angrier at my mom's incessant griping. Broken records after broken records. Do your homework (which I do every day), have some honey for your throat (it does nothing), you really need to find a job. (I'm painting someone's house this summer, and I could potentially be doing a non-paying spiel for an online music site.) I will admit that I need a legitimate part-time job, though. So after a lot of contemplation, I've determined that I'm filling in an application to a local McDonalds tomorrow. I can't afford to be picky anymore, I can't afford to have standards, I can't afford to not work. I wanted to apply to Rite-Aid, which would have gotten me ins in the pharmacy world if I wanted to pursue pharmacy, but they're full up right now, apparently. Well, a new girl just started working there and isn't that just great.

The vast majority of my friends are leaving high school now (for most people, today was their last day, although their last official day was yesterday), and through all of the yearbook-signings and memory-havings, I've realized that this is going to be the beginning of a painful, lonely era.

The three good things about this week have been seeing Bobina for a little bit today, coming up with an album title (to be announced eventually), and learning about Daniel Tammet. Who learned Icelandic in 7 days and memorized 22,000 digits of pi. Proof that the impossible is possible. I also like how he describes numbers with colors and specific scenes and moods. I'm trying to wrap my brain around his, I'll probably end up getting one of his books just out of sheer curiosity.



Sounds like there's someone walking outside. Could just be the leftover raindrops. Probably is.

~-~

No comments: