2/10/10

Acrophobic Arachnids

Today is the day that I successfully recorded "You Look Like A Freemason." I'm gonna edit and produce it and yaddayaddayadda, and then record another one in the very near future. I really like the way it's sounding, it's certainly one of the strongest things I've ever committed to tape. This also means that another EP's gonna be coming soon, and I'm very, very excited about this, because I now strongly regret putting Endo Fanera out into the world, and I feel as though I really, really need to redeem myself after that.

How I feel about all this:



-
Song of the day, Cryptograms by Deerhunter, off of their album Cryptograms.



therewasnosoundtherewasnosoundtherewasnosoundtherewasnosound
-
I just spent the last 4 hours of my life typing up a horrible essay on African-American music and it's impact on American culture and literature. It hurt my head, but I got it done. Yay for me.

Also, tomorrow, Dumbledore's Army is playing an impromptu show for a bunch of little tykes at the junior high end of our junior/senior high school. Our two new songs, Save Hermione from the Troll and The Sorting Hat are both really concise, but they're the greatest things we've ever done. I expect a good response from the kids. Unless they all suck and they don't enjoy it. I'm guessing the latter. Those soulless little 6th grade bastards.

Here are some lyrics!:

I don't want to go up
I don't want to be embarrassed
The sorting hat's a mean hat of sorts
All he ever does is harass us

I don't want to find out where I belong
I just want to write awesome Harry Potter songs

(Breakdown in which we all chant things about how we really don't want to be in Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. and then...)

Everybody knows I want to be in Gryffindor
That's the only house that I'm really for
Everyone knows I want to be in Gryffindor
That's the only house that I am really for, oh yeah.

---

I must be off now. A demain.

~~~~~~~~-~~~~~~~~

No comments: