2/20/10

Why I Didn't Blog Yesterday.

I completely called that I would be forgetting to blog sometime soon, and it happened yesterday. Because I left home at 7:30 AM and didn't get back until 1:00 AM the next morning. Here's what happened.

7:30 AM - 2:30 PM. An average day of school in which nothing happened since it was the last day before vacation.

2:30 PM - 6:30 PM. I engage in a Nerf war with my friends. Henry's dad managed to set up these awesome blockades in their barn (where we had our barn concerts), and it makes you feel like you're actually engaged in war. It's all constructed with tarps and wood and whatever else was available in the barn. (A sled, a snowmobile, a door, etc.) Sometimes we'd get the fog machine going and turn off all the lights except for a dim red one to simulate nighttime. With modded Nerf guns in hand, we shot each other across enemy lines, made 'ammo runs', took cover behind whatever we could, and it was pretty much one of the best times I've ever had. I only got like 5 or 6 hits the whole time, though.

7:00 PM - 8:00 PM. We spend an hour in Burger King, just eating a lot of food and talking loudly, much to the annoyance to the people around us. (there was 11 of us.)

8:00 PM - 8:30 PM. We drive over to the movie theater (just 5 of us now) and get our tickets to see 'Shutter Island'. I wasn't ID'd and this made me very sad, since it was the first R-rated movie that I was to see.

8:30 PM - 9:30 PM. We kill time at Barnes and Noble until our movie starts. I pick up the book Ulysses by James Joyce, Rob Mant picks up the book Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I started reading Ulysses and it has yet to make any sense.

10:00 PM - 12:30 AM. I get ID'd at the entrance of the theater, much to my joy, and we enter to watch the movie Shutter Island. Talk about a mindfuck of a movie. The acting was great, the tension was TENSE, the soundtrack while a little repetitive, was very discordant and succeeded very well in setting the mood, the cinematography was beyond beautiful at points, and the twist(s) at the end just completely threw us for a loop; we were discussing it the whole way back. I strongly recommend that people see it in theaters. The only problem with it is that there's almost no replay value. It's not a movie I'd want to see again, because now I know what happens. I mean, using this logic, you could say that all movies have no replay value, but in this case, now that you know what happens in the movie, you really don't need to see it again unless you want to get a few things clarified.

1:00 AM - I get home. This is why I didn't make a video or blog yesterday.

I'm wearing a dress in my next video, and I'm blogging once more today to compensate, so that I'll definitely have 365 blogs at the end of the year. The next one will be a music update, and I think I might include my 5 favorite moments in music. That remains to be seen.

till then!?

~-~

No comments: