2/2/10

Trivial.

I'm finding a job tomorrow, apparently. This is all at once exciting and overwhelming. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

The song of the day is Boyz by M.I.A. Best beat i've heard in some time. Unfortunately, I can't embed it on here. So here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBX3lo3Boxs

Today, Me (I don't care that that usage of 'me' is grammatically incorrect), Rob, Robert, and several others attended trivia night at Wings Your Way as we normally do. We were expecting to beat drunk college kids like we tend to do, but this week the questions were absolutely impossible. "How many muscles are there in a cat's ear?" "In which state is the town of Dingdong located?" I mean. Literally trivial stuff that no one in their right mind could ever figure out.



Today's been weird. It felt like there's been a dark cloud hanging over my head. I had to take a nap just to shake the cloud, something I never do. It was a conglomeration of the trivia night fail, the fact that I didn't have piano lessons as planned, the dreary school day, the semi-eye-opening eavesdropping I did today that I don't want to get into. Maybe it's the fact that I did so much yesterday and today I did nothing but just kind of idle. All of these things just added up and smacked me square in the nose.
---
Here's that third video I was in that was uploaded yesterday. Definitely one of the best things I've uploaded onto YouTube.




---
The first half is in slow-motion. It opens with a visibly bruised face looking down at her notebook introspectively underneath a big oak tree, all in color. The oak tree is essentially her one safe haven, the one place where she can be at ease. The shot focuses in on the notebook, which fades slowly into her real life, in a darkish blackandwhite. Shots follow include her parents yelling at her, her boyfriend abusing her, dropping her books. It then shows her sneaking out of her parents house at night and then arriving at the oak tree. We get her perspective as she approaches her safety net, before cutting immediately back to more black and white images of her troubled life. Then we see her sneaking out again, doing the same thing, only this time instead of the oak tree fading into color as she approaches, we see construction equipment in place of the tree.

This begins the second half, all in black and white. She screams and cries out at the loss of her home, and immediately starts slashing tires and yelling at the men working away at the trees. The men respond violently and start chasing her. The music continues building as the chase between the girl and the workers intensifies. More and more people get involved. The gap closes and closes and closes. And then the climax. She gets caught up in the wave of people attacking her, hit into submission. We see the fists coming down left and right from her perspective as they fade in and out, smattered with dream-like images, a result of her dwindling consciousness. The film ends with the crowd dispersing as the police arrive, the lights flashing in red and blue, contrasting the black and white starkly.

This is what I visualize when I hear the song 'Untitled #8' by Sigur Ros. I want to film it, but I don't have the amount of people or editing software necessary. Which is a shame, because I think it's a decent enough concept.

Time to publish. SEE YOU TOMORROW.

~-~

No comments: