2/23/10

To Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate

That is the question.

My mom, for some reason, decided that I'm getting the swine flu vaccine on Friday, months after the mass media induced pandemonium died down. "You're in the critical age range, you need to get the shot, everyone with brains is getting the shot, it'll do more good than harm." TRUST THE FDA ! THE GOVERNMENT ALWAYS KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR US, TAKE THE MEDICINE, IT WILL PROTECT YOU. It's like shit that's taken straight out of the pages of Brave New World or 1984, and it bothers me.

a) i am my own person.
b) i can determine what substances are put in my body. some of these substances, from what i've gathered, are dangerous.
c) less people have died from swine flu than seasonal flu.
d) i've already probably been exposed to it on many occasions.

psychosomatic.

the media is put on a loop. "this child got bullied and killed herself! this car has a mind of it's own! more fatalities in the war last night! *change the station* this child got bullied and killed herself! this car has a mind of it's own! more fatalities in the war last night!" and it evokes the same response. "oh, how awful. oh no, oh no, oh no." it distracts us from what really matters. it makes us think negatively. it plays with our sensations. it's nothing but loud halftruths. will i be any more enlightened if i know that some girl robbed a bank last night and was caught? it means nothing. it's all nothing.

so there's my rant.

i didn't
record today, because i was out of the house.
playing risk and
eating pancakes and
playing electronic drums at best buy and
answering trivia questions.
so tomorrow, i'm open all day
since bennett, the organizer,
our modern day Tom Sawyer,
is heading off to Atlantic City
with a couple people on this
spur of the moment trip.
so now there's free time to do
whatever.
like record.

SoNg Of ThE dAy!1
Strobe by Deadmau5:



I was turned onto Deadmau5 by some random person I met on Omegle at one in the morning last night. The above song was my introduction to him, and all i can say is RAVE. ON. Even though this song is 10.5 minutes, I find myself not wanting to change it over to something else, and I keep listening. It somehow doesn't require patience. it's just generally perfect background music, or foreground music if you're getting pumped for something or dancing your face off. A lot of his beats are very infectious, I also really liked FML and Soma off the album For Lack of A Better Name.

I know that Nesbit's gonna be a big fan once I show him this.
--
parents.
parents.
so much bickering as of late.
it's bothering me.
--
~------~

No comments: