2/5/10

BOOM BOOM SLAP, BOOM BOOM SLAP.

so i started writing another song. the first part's like a waltz-ish thing and then it kind of dissolves into an ambient ending. these are the lyrics i have thus far, it's surprisingly straightforward and it's all very elementary. but i'll say that 'that's what i was aiming for':

---
i could write you a story
i could write you a song
i could write you 10,000 words
but it'd all come out wrong.

so goodbye.

standing in the shadow of a UPS truck
standing in the shadow of a UPS truck
The man in brown said 'How are you today?'
and we ran away to our mothers.

on the way down
i slip into dream
of the way
our dragons used to be.
on the way down
to tennessee
i slip into dream.

ooooon theeeeeeeee waaaaaay doooooown.

ahhh-ahhh-ahhh-ahhh...
---
in other news, i got slapped early today, because the two other competitors found out that I had made truces with both of them so that I wouldn't get slapped. I thought it was clever, but they didn't see the humor in it. Luckily, I wasn't the only one who was slapped early, because Robert was planning on meeting a girl he knew and getting one of her numbers. His slap, for some ungodly reason, was much weaker than mine was. Eliza (our slap commissioner) dealt out a good one to me, and it stung on my whole walk home.

The competition is still tomorrow, and I'm still frightened, even though I feel as though I have strategies.
- use a French accent on one girl 'Euh, pardons-moi, but i do not know where to find The Road by Cor-MACK Mack-ar-THEE.
- talk about an album and eventually my music to another girl.
- drop a bunch of stuff near a girl.

None of this will work, and I'll end up with 0 numbers, but it's wishful thinking.
---
I'm going to a friend's house. thus, i bid you farewell.

~~~~-~~~~

No comments: