2/22/10

A Day Of Fails

In a nutshell, today was spent failing at nerf, failing at pool, failing at finishing You Look Like A Freemason, and then failing at Star Fox. I'm finding Nerf to get a little bit strange. After a few rounds of general Nerf games, we got to playing Russian Roulette and I was starting to get generally weirded out. I dunno, there's this mild air of violence when shooting yourself with fake plastic toy guns point blank and/or having other people shoot you with fake platic toy guns, point blank, repeatedly.

I dunno, I might just be insane. Actually, that's probably the case; I'm sure no one looked this far into it. But if this turns into some weird cult in the future, then I'll be able to say "i told you so" to myself.

Getting Back to You Look Like A Freemason. I'm pretty sure I've logged well over 40 hours on this song now, it's getting ridiculous. I'm worried that if I spend much more time on it, I'll consider it to be a lost cause and give up on it. Let's hope I don't get to that point, for sanity's sake.

inspeakingo'givin'up, I'm giving up on the mouse folk song. Too. much.

Right now, I'm starting to come up with titles and a general release date for an EP. I'm hoping that I'll have something done by the end of the school year, but that's gonna be a massive stretch with all the testing I'm gonna be preparing for. 3 APs and SATs. Kill me. So maybe by the end of summer would be a better guestimation.

I'm also trying to figure out how to promote more. That's always been a weak point of mine with this whole music thing. I can make the music easily enough, but it's kind of reaching an audience that I need to work on. If anyone has suggestions, I'm listening eagerly.

I moved my piano to another part of the room and it doesn't sound nearly as muffled as it did before. It sounds a lot fuller and richer and whathaveye, and I'm excited to record with it. Dogs/Worms/Everyone after I eat my free short stack of pancakes at IHOP, which i always write as iHop.

apparently Apple owns restaurants now.

i need a shave.


i don't understand how even though Star Fox 64 came out in 1997, this commercial makes it look like it came out of the 1980s. It's also fucking ridiculous.








[mrs. friend is a good woman.
A good woman is hard to find.
mrs. friend is hard to find.]

Every time the baby grins,
Give my baby another bottle of gin
That's what we do with the baby
That's what we do with the baby-oooooo/////////

No comments: