3/19/10

Jesus or something.

Today is March 19th, 2010. I spent a good part of it in relative isolation, at the piano. I came up with a new song only to find out that it sounds identical to some parts of Tonto by Battles. But the other songs will probably have lyrics by tomorrow, they're nigh finished.

Today is video day, and I'm still halfway through filming it. It's 9:03. I hate accidentally saving things to the last minute.

Yesterday, I saw the movie Instinct with Robert, I think I mentioned that in the last post. It was weird, because the movie was very good while I was watching it, (I legitimately got choked up at one part) but then when we discussed it and I realized that it was one of the worst movies ever made, because there's an extraordinarily fundamental plot hole that ruins the entire movie.

- Main character murders two poachers in Africa.
- He's seen as insane by the police for not saying a word for a year after the murders.
- Main character proves to his psychologist that he is completely sane and can talk as he pleases.
- It's learned at the end of the movie that he was completely justified in killing the poachers. The poachers killed the family of gorillas that he had been living with for two years.
- Main character knows that he was justified in killing the poachers.
Why, therefore, wouldn't he tell the police his story in the first place, so he could return to the wild and be free? What's worse is that the main character was a doctor, a smart guy. You think he would have figured that out quickly.

Sorry if all of that made no sense to anyone except me.

--
In the meantime, watch this absolutely fantastic video. What makes it great is the subtle Cheetos product placement.



~-~

No comments: