3/10/10

YouTube. Army propaganda. Dolphins.

holy crap. I just logged onto YouTube to see this bullshit:



a) there's no sidebar anymore. the description's now below the video, which is ugly as all hell. Also, you see like two lines of the description before you have to click the drop down button to see more. This is very inconvenient if you're linking something, less people will be prone to click.

b) there's no rating system anymore. it's likes and dislikes. why would you EVER simplify a rating system that worked so effectively in the past?

c) to see more videos from the channel, you have to click a drop down menu, which then takes up half of the screen, pushing your video down.

d) to favorite a video now, you have to go to save to -> favorites, which is so unnecessarily inconvenient. it took me 15 seconds too much to figure out how to favorite a video.

e) it's drab, plain, and way too simple.

f) you can't see how positively or negatively voted a comment is unless you click on 'view all comments'.

g) all of a sudden, our subscription to someone incorporates ALL of the videos they upload, rate, favorite, AND COMMENT ON? if you have 67 subscriptions, that would be disastrous to your sub box. I changed that as quickly as possible.

h) the comments are pushed WAY farther down the screen, which means that less comments will be published, since people won't see the comment box right away.

I've never been this angry at a change in YouTube before. It's an absolute mess.
-----------------
I was meandering on Facebook and somehow came across a page for future soldiers of the Army. one of the posts was this.

"Army Future Soldiers- Are you ready to defend this great Nation of ours? Against ALL enemies; foreign and domestic? Give me a big HOOAH and tell us why YOU ARE ARMY STRONG!"

War is good, your nation's great, defend it with big words like HONOR and COURAGE and PRIDE. Now, tell me you love Big Brother, recite your rulebook, and, remember! always obey. Do it for God.
--
I don't know. Stuff like that genuinely makes me feel sick. It's propaganda, plain and simple, and so many people just eat it up because they don't know better. It's justifying and promoting war and violence, which is the exact opposite mindset we should be trying to create, unless we want to be at war with every fucking country for the next 35,000 years.

That's all I have to say on that. That's the last time I'll ever bring it up, because I don't like sounding preachy and forcing my beliefs on others, as so many others do. That really grates on me as much as military propaganda does.
----------
Dolphins are people too.
-------
In happier news, songs are coming along. My dad's doing this thing, though, where he's going on a "Do it yourself mission" and he wants to fix my headphones without getting a new pair. it could therefore take weeks before I record again, since I need a pair of headphones to record, and the only pair of headphones I own is being repaired by my dad, who takes his precious time with things. as was the case with getting my piano tuned.
---------
There's nothing more to write.
~-~

No comments: