3/13/10

PTSD

new song. lyrics:

"...10 days at sea."
That was the very last thing that you wrote to me.
That's all I could
Comprehend at least.

Sawdust fills my throat.
In the corner gathering dust in a light spring coat.
The big drops
Remind me I'm sane.
The little ones
They don't do the same.

Said it'd be over soon
Said that peace would be reached by the next full moon
2 years ago
I'm still a shell
Cracked into pieces on the sand.
--
We're never gonna win
It's time that you come back home so we can be whole again
There's a dull star
Serving as my companion

We're never gonna win
It's time that you come back home so we can be whole again
Not complete but better off
I promise you've done all you can.
--
Glorious fall from the sky.
Glorious bombs from on high.

This song, not looking at it literally, is essentially me talking to myself. There's one half of me that desperately wants to keep trying to somehow win her over and the other half that desperately wants to move on with my life. the song is from the perspective of the second half, calling on the first half to give up the fight and come back home so i can be sane again. the last two lines are from the perspective of the first half, who has cut off communication with the second half completely to avoid being distracted from his futile objective, gazing in awe at the 'beauty' of the war that he's involved in. so that's that.

~-~

No comments: